1. What did you do in 2005 that you'd never done before?
-Lots of things, went to Australia, worked in a school, saw loads of bands I hadn't seen before, got a dog...
2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
-Well, these were my resolutions last year-->
1) Get a job - it doesn't matter what it is. Doesn't have to be anything permanent, just get a job and keep it for 3 or 4 months, at least. Longer if possible, of course! - No joy there. But I'm at least doing something now, even if I'm not being payed for it.
2) Lose weight - we're not talking becoming supermodel thin or anything, just I've gained a few pounds, and I'd like to lose them again. - Nope, Didn't gain any either though.
3) Write more - If anything, I wrote less.
4) Even when not working, leave the house at least 5 times a week - I'm becoming something of a shut in! - I think I did okay there.
5) Learn French - I am increasingly embarrassed by my inability to speak French! If I can do German, Dutch and Spanish, I can do French, damn it! - I started, but I didn't finish. I will one day though, other languages distracted me!
So no, I don't think I'll make any more, I'll just carry on trying to stick to these.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
4. Did anyone close to you die?
-My mum's uncle. Not close to me, I don't even remember meeting him though I'm sure I did. He was family though. He died from MRSA while we were on holiday. SORT THE FUCKING HOSPITALS OUT TONY!
-It's been quite the year for celebrity deaths too unfortunately. No one I knew, but people who have meant a lot to me over the years.
5. What countries did you visit?
-Croatia, Slovenia, Austria, Australia.
6. What would you like to have next year that you lacked in this year?
-A job. One I get money for doing. But preferably one I don't hate.
7. What dates from 2005 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
-June 13th, I found out I'd won Live 8 tickets and Michael Jackson was found innocent.
-July 2nd, Live 8!
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
-As hard as I try, I can't think of a single thing that I achieved that is worth mentioning.
9. What was your biggest failure?
-On the positive side, I can't think of any noteworthy failures either. I failed to get a job, but everyone already knows that.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
-Other than the occasional cold, no, I've been fine.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
-I was very proud of some of the Christmas presents I got for some people.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
-I don't know. Certainly not mine.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
-I can't think of anyone.
14. Where did most of your money go?
-On travel, down to London and back, to Croatia, to Australia.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
-Live 8. I'm still excited, I can't believe I actually went!
16. What song will always remind you of 2005?
-Of the year as a whole, I'm not sure. Certain songs will remind me of certain things that happened, but a song for the whole year? I don't know.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. happier or sadder?
-Definitely happier. This time last year I was really down.
ii. thinner or fatter?
-Neither, despite new years resolutions.
iii. richer or poorer?
-Poorer, but because of holidays and stuff, so I really don't mind.
18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
-I have no idea.
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
-Wasting time. If I do make a new year's resolution it will be to waste less time and actually do things instead of putting them off.
20. How will you be spending New Year's?
-Going out for a meal with my family, then probably home well before midnight to sit around, say happy new year and then go straight to bed. No one I knew was going anywhere good, so it was that or Waterfront, I've been there once before, but hated it and didn't want to risk the ticket price as I'd probably hate it again.
22. Did you fall in love in 2005?
-With plenty of random actors, musicians and other people I've never met, but not with anyone I actually know!
23. How many one-night stands?
24. What was your favorite TV program?
-Oooh, tough one. I'm going to have to go for Doctor Who, but there has been so much good TV this year it was a tough choice. Honorable mention goes to Boston Legal, House, Lost, Monk, Stargate SG1 and of course, Atlantis.
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
26. What was the best book you read?
-I'm part way through Jimmy Nail's autobiography. Can it be the best book you read when you haven't finished it? I'll probably have finished it by tonight anyway.
27. What was your greatest musical (re)discovery?
-I don't know. I guess after Live 8 I did start to listen to Pink Floyd again. (OMG I'm still amazed I saw them live!)
28. What did you want and get?
-Some semblance of a life.
29. What did you want and not get?
30. What was your favorite film of this year?
-I don't know. I'm all confused over what came out when! The last Star Wars film was this year, wasn't it? Yeah, I'll go for that.
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
-I turned 24, and spent most of the day on aeroplanes, it was the day we flew home from Australia.
32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
-If I'd got that teacher's assistant job I was interviewed for.
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2005?
-I don't really know what this question means.
34. What kept you sane?
-Umm, I don't think there is anything that I would have gone insane if I didn't have it. but maybe there is and I just don't realise it. I'd better not give anything up just in case!
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
-I refuse to say, as I would never live it down.
36. What political issue stirred you the most?
-Make Poverty History. I wouldn't have called it political, more common sense, but the law called it a political movement so they could ban the finger clicking adverts from the telly, so political it is.
37. Who did you miss?
-No one, happily for me, no one I need was ever too far away
38. Who was the best new person you met?
-I don't know
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2005:
-Shit happens, but sometimes good things happen too.
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
I don't think I can. I mean, why would a song lyric sum up my year? Unless it was a song that I'd written called 2005. But I don't have time to write a song now, I've just spent ages doing this meme!
I doubt I'll have chance to get online and say it closer to midnight, so happy new year everyone!